International ABBA Weekend
The International Fan Gathering
ABBA Weekend 28 - 30 March 2014
- With special guests Jeppe Wikström, Ingmarie Halling and Carl Magnus Palm
- Dutch release of The Official Photo Book
The weekend starts on Friday, March 28, with a pub gathering, a chance to meet up with old friends and to make new ones, all to the music of ABBA.
On Saturday is the main day of the International ABBA Day 2014 which takes place at Rottier
(Vijfhuizenberg 52, Roosendaal, NL) as usual. The doors are open at 11 am and stay open till 11 pm. Fan Club members pay € 5.00 to get in, non-members € 8.00.
- We will have presentations and special guests in connection with the many book releases. Writers like Renée Lelieveld, Sara Russell, Philippe Elan, Jean-Marie Potiez, Stany Van Wymeersch, Ingmarie Halling and Carl Magnus Palm will be there to sign your books.
Unfortunately, Jean-Marie Potiez is unable to attend ABBA Day.
- At the big ABBA record and memorabilia fair, you will find both ABBA stuff at bargain prices as well as hard-to-get rarities. The ABBA Fan Club Shop will also have everything usually available for mail order for sale.
- In the competitions, you can win great prizes, including autographed items.
- Videos from the oldest rarities to the latest TV appearances are shown on a big screen.
- We will have a small exhibition on 15th years of Mamma Mia! and the 40th anniversary of Waterloo.
- The Dutch version of The Official Photo Book will be released that day. Jeppe Wikström; the creative director, will show pictures and reveal the stories behind the book.
- At the legendary disco, every song is a floor-filler - nothing but ABBA and lots of fun, fun, fun! It starts at 7pm with a specially made video.
- The bar is open all day and also offers some light snacks (you cannot bring your own drinks or food into the building).
- Please do not forget that summer time starts that weekend, with the clocks going forward by an hour on Saturday/Sunday night. If you forget to re-set your watch/alarm clock, you might miss your train/plane home on Sunday.
- How do I get to Rottier?
- Where do I stay?