International ABBA Weekend
FRIENDS * PARTY * FUN * QUIZ * SPECIAL GUESTS *
MUSIC * EXHIBITION * FOOD * DISCO * FILM
You are invited to the worldst biggest annual ABBA party, The ABBA Weekend 2015. We always have a lot of fun, and we get a chance to see old friends, make news ones, buy and sell ABBA memorabilia as well as dance to our favourite ABBA songs.
Friday - April 17th
The many fans who are already in town on Friday meet up at the pub Moriaan (Tongerlooplein 9, Roosendaal) from 8 p.m. to chat, maybe have a beer, take part in our ABBA quiz with amazing prizes or just enjoy the company of friends.
Saturday - April 18th
The International ABBA Day 2015 takes place at Rottier
(Vijfhuizenberg 52), as usual. The doors open at 11 a.m. and stay open till 11 p.m. Fan Club members pay € 5 to get in; non-members pay € 8.
- We already can release the name of our special ABBA Day guest - Lennart Östlund. He started to work at the Polar Studios in 1978 as a sound technician, alongside Michael B. Tretow. Later on, he became the studio's producer and manager. He also was the technician on Frida's Djupa Andetag.
- Our second guest is from The Netherlands, Govert de Roos. He is going to tell us about the photo shoots he did with ABBA in the seventies and eighties. There will also be an exhibition with some of his work, including rare photos, which will be available for sale exclusively on the day.
- Mattias Hansson, CEO of ABBA The Museum, tells the unique story of setting up the museum and how he and his colleagues spend their everyday working life with the ;'inner soul' of the 'brand' ABBA.
- During the day at Rottier, make sure you do not miss the big ABBA record and memorabilia fair. Fans will find both ABBA items at bargain prices as well as hard-to-get rarities. The ABBA Fan Club Shop also has everything for sale that day that is usually available via mail order.
- In the competitions, you can win great prizes, including autographed items.
- During the day, videos from the oldest rarities to the latest TV appearances are shown on a big screen, so you can take a break from shopping, take a seat and watch Frida or Agnetha in a recent or old appearance.
- During the day, there is going to be an interesting exhibition. Details to follow.
- The legendary disco begins at 7 p.m., and every song is a floor-filler
- nothing but ABBA and lots of fun, fun, fun! Come on time, or you might miss the specially made intro video at 7 p.m.
- The bar is open all day and also offers some light snacks (you cannot bring your own drinks or food into the building